Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

6 yo maytag refrig with bottom drawer freezer. freezer

Customer Question

6 yo maytag refrig with bottom drawer freezer. freezer doesn't seem to close tight...unless i push and lean hard on it. I can see space around the freezer door to the refrig itself.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sorry...model #MBR2258XES1, Ser # *****
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the rubber gasket (?) around the door is not tight it's kind of stretched out now and the door squeaks a little when closing.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
actually, the freezer is a drawer, not a door. sorry
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
do you have my phone number?

I am with you I was looking up some information on that drawer, it looks like you have two issues on you need a new gasket for the door, and you need to adjust the door also. Adjusting the door without the new gasket is not gonna help anything if the gasket is sagging and stretched out it will have to be replaced first.

Refrigerator Freezer Door Gasket

Part #: W10164037 - click here

Here is a video that shows how to replace the gasket its not your same refrigerator but its same procedure:

click here for video

Then you will need to adjust the drawer/door.

To adjust the drawer:

Locate the four screws securing the door to the freezer cabinet slides. On most refrigerators, one screw will be located at corner of the door, on the inside face of the door. Turn each screw counterclockwise with a short Phillips screwdriver. Do not remove the screws.

Close the freezer door. Grab two opposing corners and adjust the door until it aligns with the bottom edge of the upper door or doors.

Open the freezer door carefully to avoid changing the alignment between it and the refrigerator door.

Tighten the four screws to lock the position of the door. Repeatedly open and close the door for one to three minutes.

Check the alignment of the freezer door with the freezer compartment gasket. Loosen and readjust the freezer door if it does not align with the gasket.

If you have any questions let me know in the meantime:

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no...thanks for your time...I need to order a gasket I guess or have my neighbor help. thanks again.

you are welcome, please remember to rate the question before you leave by clicking on the star rating system, thanks.