John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

The plastic divider between the refrigerator and freezer

Customer Question

The plastic divider between the refrigerator and freezer door is very hot to the touch. It actually makes the rubber on the edges of the two doors very warm too.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Bosch Side by Side model B20CS80SNS/02
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: f we can. We just are concerned about what is causing the portion of the refrigerator to be hot.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today with your problem. Let me get the information on your model. Remember to rate my service after the help session is over.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Bosch side by side refrigerator B20CS80SNS/02
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The center plastic divider is very hot.

Ok that means the freon is circulating hot and it shouldnt be that hot. You ned to check first the coils under the unit and from the rear. Also you need to make sure the fan next to the compressor in the rear is working.

Do you have tools and basics of how to take rear panel off and front grill to check coils and compressor