John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Model RF4287HARS. Ice maker is making ice still but when we

Customer Question

Model RF4287HARS. Ice maker is making ice still but when we press on the ice maker flap to get ice, water is now coming out of it. ???? Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

To clarify, when you call for ice, you are getting water from the water dispenser tube, not water from the ice bin, correct? The cubes are all frozen solid?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The ice maker is making ice but not coming out of the dispenser water is coming out.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** to know if the water is coming from the same spout as if you had selected water or from the ice chute? Also, what happens if you select water, does it change anything?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The dispenser is in the door & you press the small flap for ice & the bigger one for water so when you press on the ice flap water comes out so the opening above the flaps is the opening for ice & a tube for the water. If you have the model number you can tell what it looks like.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

I know what is looks like. I am trying to determine if the water is coming out of the ice chute or not. I will place your question back to the list. Maybe another will be able to help.