Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I want to adjust the shelves in my LFCS22520 refrigerator.

Customer Question

The doors do not open wide enough to pull the shelves out and to put them back in.
I was told by tech to open RIGHT hand side door, lift and turn it counter-clockwise and the door would open more. I can see that it does move up but It does clear the stop post.
any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Were the doors removed when the refrigerator was installed?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't remember! Sorry, Things were brought in by box and set up. - an entire kitchen. I really think they were already on.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

If it will not clear the stop, the door will need to be removed, see attached pages.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can see that! Why did the tech (in India, BTW) tell me that I could clear the stop by turning the door counter clockwise. I can feel the "lift " of the door.Manufacturer's screwup? I should not have to remove a door to move the shelves!!
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

If it will not lift above it, then it has to be or it was not assembled back together. Can you post a picture of the bottom hinge and door area?