Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Samsung refrigerator ice maker wont turn on, Ok, hold on,

Customer Question

Samsung refrigerator ice maker wont turn on
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Ok, hold on
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: 2012
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Rfg298hdwp
JA: Huh?
Customer: That is the model number
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem. Give me a few minutes to research and get correct diagram for your model. Also dont forget to rate my service at the end of our session

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The easiest way to diagnose ice maker issues is to manually fill the ice maker. If it dumps in a few hours but does not refill, the problem is with the water filling (plugged water fill tube, bad valve, etc). If it does not dump cubes, it could be the temperature is too high or the ice maker is faulty. Let me know what you find with the manual fill test, please.