Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.

I have a problem with my AEG lavamat turbo stopping

Customer Question

I have a problem with my AEG lavamat turbo stopping mid-cycle. It's the L77685WD model
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: a couple of days. The minute counter stops about 5 mins into the start of the cycle
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: no i haven't. is it ok to do so? i still have my laundry with some water & detergent in it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: only if its easy to do so
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: also there is no error code. the washer / dryer just stopped and turn off by itself after 5 mins or so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's really frustrating as this has happened a few times now.. yesterday and the day before it stopped working during the drain / spin cycle. No error codes were showing on the display, then i thought the filter was clogged so i opened it up to checked but it was clean (as i clean them regularly). After tiling the machine a little, the machine started working again.Today, after unplugging the machine for about 1/2 hour or so, i plugged it back in and the machine is working fine now. It continued where it left off (about 5 mins into the start). Let's just hope it wont stop during the drain / spin cycle again today.Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sad to say that it stopped again during the last 7 mins of the washing
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

Lets see what the error code is stored in there.

Set it going on a wash and then you need to press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.

Keep them both held in for a few seconds and then the error code should come up E??

Let me know the code.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Daniel,It says E31

Thanks for that.

E31 error code is a fault with the electronic pressure sensor.

What you need to do is remove the top of the washer and you will see the pressure sensor clipped to the right hand side of the washer. It will have a small wiring block on there and a thin hose to the bottom of it.

Check that hoses is still attched and the wiring block is as well. Just check the wires and see if theres any broken wires in the block.

If thats fine then its either the pressure sensor itself or the control board at fault. Now theres no way of testing these pressure sensors as they are electronic so its a case of replacing it im afraid. But if its not the pressure sensor then the main control board itself is the fault and will need to be replaced.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Daniel,Thanks. Will have to buy some tools to open the top of the washer tomorrow. Will let you know the outcome.

No worries thats fine.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HI Daniel,Everything looks fine. Im guessing its the pressure sensor or the control board?

Ok if everything looks ok then you can gamble on a pressure sensor and see if that works. But if it doesnt then the control board is the fault here, Sorry.