Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a small hand icon that I can't get rid of on my

Customer Question

hello, I have a small hand icon that I can't get rid of on my display and so i cannot set the fridge temperatures.
i've tried to hold down the ok button but it has only managed to bring up another small hand.
can you help? thanks,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Will you please send me the make and model number? Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
red, haier
model: AFD631GR
thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
did you get the model and make?
model: AFD631GR
make: red, haier with a fridge on top and two drawers beneath
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

While raising the door at the middle, push the Function Confirmation button to clean the icon display. If this doesn't restore normal operation please let me know.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
None of what you just described is on my fridge -- there is no "function confirmation" button and have no idea what "raising the door at the middle" desribes. Are you for real or is this a scam and I'm a huge sucker.
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

No scam. You can get your deposit refunded by requesting it. I'm passing along the information I'm finding. For an owners manual type the words "Haier AFD631GR owner manual" into your Google search box, and select the website you like.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where would i request my money refunded?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If you press and hold the OK button again for 3 seconds, does one of the icons go away?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
they do not. the settings seem to have reset themselves to -18 c for the freezer and 9 c for the fridge. are those the correct settings? the hands are still there. i have to unplug the fridte to move it across the room tomorrow though. will the settings come back?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Unplugging it will hopefully reset the electronics. I would unplug it now for at least 15 minutes to allow ample time for the reset and see what happens.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm afraid that it wont come back on.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I suspect that the electronic control is indeed having issues. You could just leave it but it is very likely that a power cycle (unplugging for 15 minutes) will reset it. It would be be very unlikely that it will not be functional, at least to the degree that it is now, after a power cycle.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is 8c the correct fridge temp and -18c the correct freezer temp? I might wait until I have to move it in the morning or I'm going to lose a bunch of food.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There are three places for temperatures. Top middle bottom. The bottom is set at 00. The freezer is not cold but the fridge is. Is there any way to restart everything?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The lack of cooling is likely from an air flow issue. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

A reset is just as I suggested, unplug for 15 minutes.....

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

2* C and -18* C would be a good temperature.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no frost on the inside and no fan running.the thing is, i had it unplugged for 45 minutes and when i put it back on nothing started up. is there a reset button?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

So the display is now dark?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
does that mean it's not working/running?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Are you certain there is power to the plug?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the lights are on in the inside of the fridge. is the display always bright/backlit? it's off. i hear an engine, but i don't think it's a fan.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

It should light up when you press a button.