John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

We have a JE1640WA 001 microwave oven. All the controls work

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Jorge. We have a JE1640WA 001 microwave oven. All the controls work fine, but the turntable quit working all of a sudden. I want to get a service manual for this oven to attempt to repair it myself.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: General Electric JE1640WA 001, made in 1998.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, and I want to get a service manual.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am an electronics engineer and I have repaired equipment before.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

You need to replace the turn table motor. Its part number is ***** and its price is $62.70. You can buy it at www.repairclinic.com. A replacement video is available at the website. For an owner manual, type the words "JE1640WA-001 owner manual" into your Google search box, and select a website from those offered.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.