Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

HOW TO REMOVE THE TOP COVER ON AN LG WASHER TOP LOADER. IVE

Customer Question

HOW TO REMOVE THE TOP COVER ON AN LG WASHER TOP LOADER. I'M STUCK IVE GOT 2 WIRES THAT GO THRU THE COVER. BIG BUNDLE GOES FROM CONTROL BOX THRU TOP COVER DOWN TO THE MOTOR & OTHER FEATURES AND THE OTHER WIRE GOES THRU THE TOP COVER ATTACHED TO THE UNDERSIDE OF THE COVER TO THE LID HANDLE. THESE 2 WIRES ARE NOT DISCONNECTIABLE AND OF COURSE YOU CANT CUT THEM AND SLICE THEM TOGETHER.
IS THE TOP COVER REPLACEABLE OR DO YOU HAVE TO BUY A NEW WASHER??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. Please at the end of the service rate my service with the star rating at top of page as this is how i get paid. I need your model#

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

There should be a disconnect on all of the wires. Can you post a picture?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
YOU HAVE NOT HELPED ME YET . YOU JUST TOLD ME THERE HAS TO BE DISCONNECTS ON THESE 2 WIRES IN QUESTION. I FOUND THE DISCONNECTS ON THE LARGER BUNDLE OF WIRES LEADING DOWN TO THE MOTOR & PUMP. DONT WANT TO PAY ANY MORE THAN THE $28 IVE SUBMITTED THRU AM EX NO LIVE PHONE REQUIRED. SEND ME SOMETHING SHOWING ME HOW TO DISCONNECT THE SMALLER WIRE ATTACHED UNDER THE COVER TOP ROUTED TO A BOX AT THE HANDLE OF THE LID. THIS WIRE COMES FROM THE CONTROL BOX AND THERES NO WAY TO DISCONNECT AT THE MOTHER BOARD IN THE CONTROL BOX.