Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I had the entire length of the exhaust hose on the dryer

Customer Question

I had the entire length of the exhaust hose on the dryer professionally cleaned today. Lots of lint in 20-25 feet of hose. I feel like they got the lint and debris out--the air flow at the outside of the house is strong. But, the flow sensor lights up. No bars. Is that light always on, like for example the display that says "drying", etc. Thanks very much
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: LG, 2 years old at most. Not at home, so not sure of model. Front loading, lots of lights, choices
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Just today had the entire length of the dryer hose, from dryer to out side professionally cleaned, so don't think any work is necessary now, unless the flow sensor light being on is a problem
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We're diligent about cleaning the lint filter after every load
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

That light is always on during a cycle. It is when you have bars lit up that there is an issue. No bars means no issue! :)

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!