John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Found an inch or two of water standing in bottom Bosch

Customer Question

Found an inch or two of water standing in bottom Bosch dishwasher (new on 7/10/14). Read owners manual which explained how to remove and clean the filter. I spooned out all the water, removed the filter and cleaned it (it was pristine....I'm very careful to clean dishes prior to using dishwasher) and ran a "rinse cycle". That didn't help, standing water came back.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Then I removed the water, the filter and tried to remove pump cover, but can't get it off. I did find a 3/8" piece of glass this time. Tried vacuuming with a shop vac and am now rerunning a rinse cycle.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Bosch Model SHX68T55UC
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am trying to do the work myself, unless I am defeated.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

To clarify, the tub empties at cycle end but will slowly fill back up, is that correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No....at end of cycle I open the dishwasher and the water is standing in bottom, so I assume it never emptied at all.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thank you! How is the drain hose attached to your home's plumbing?

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

How is the drain hose attached to your home's plumbing?