Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have Kenmore electric oven. the code f7 db appears. What

Customer Question

I have Kenmore electric oven. the code f7 db appears.
What does this mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

F7 error means there is a stuck keypad or a stuck relay on the control board to determine which is at fault:

1. Push clear/off/cancel
2. Disconnect ribbon Cable from control board and waiting at least 30 minutes to see if the error code comes back.

If code recurs, problem is in the control. Replace control.
If code does not recur, problem is with the Key Panel.

If you give me the model number I will locate the replacement part number for whichever part you may need, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?