Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

My samsung fridge has stopped making ice. 2 yrs old.RF22,

Customer Question

My samsung fridge has stopped making ice.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 yrs old.RF22
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: tray isn't being filled.Maybe water is frozen?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

you need to check the water inlet tube that feeds the ice maker and see if its frozen up if so get a hair dryer and defrost it. You need to replace the water inlet valve on the refrigerator because if the tube is frozen its because the water inlet valve has a small drip letting water escape slowly when it should not and that water is freezing in the tube, and if the tube is not frozen the valve is just bad not opening to allow water to the ice maker, so either way you need to change the valve.

Refrigerator Water Inlet Valve

Part #: DA62-01477A - click here

the valve is located on the rear of the refrigerator, your water supply line from you home connects to it.

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.