Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a jvm6175df1ww it shuts off completely when I try to

Customer Question

I have a jvm6175df1ww it shuts off completely when I try to microwave something. The next day everything seems to work clock/light/fan but when I try to heat something it will start momentarily but immediately cuts off and there is no power until the next day then I go through the same thing all over again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If the display is shutting completely down when it tries to fire up, I would suspect the main power supply is failing under that heavy draw or the main control is having issues. Have you tested the voltage to the unit when it runs and subsequently dies to see if it remains steady or what it does?