Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I am getting ice build up behind the deli crisper. elite

Customer Question

I am getting ice build up behind the deli crisper.
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: elite 795.74039.410, serial #408KR00017.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That model refrigerator has two evaporators one in the freezer and one in the refrigerator, every 8-12 hours the unit goes into defrost mode to melt ice off the evaporator coils when this does not happen due to a malfunction in the defrost system ice begins to build up on the evaporator which is behind that drawer behind the back panel. The longer this goes on eventually your refrigerator will no longer cool because the fan will not be able to circulate the air properly in the refrigerator compartment. The malfunction could be the defrost heater, the defrost sensor or the defrost thermostat or the main control board a series of test with a meter has to be done in order to find out what part is not working properly. If you have a meter let me know and I can help you troubleshoot it but you will have to take the refrigerator apart on the inside completely so unless you feel comfortable with that I would advise calling out a tech to diagnose it for you.

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?