John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a GE #326B1016P001 electric oven and the glass front

Customer Question

Hi, I have a GE #326B1016P001 electric oven and the glass front of the control console has broken. The oven works fine, but we have to use a pencil to reach through the glass and press the button behind to adjust temperature. Can you help me find a replacement front for the oven? Thanks!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It came with the house. Maybe 10-15 years old. The number I gave is the only one we saw, but I see an old post with the same exact number also had #JTP18WWWW on the label.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm fine with hiring someone if that's what you recommend.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This will be in a rent house and the stove is great except for the console front. Just hoping to repair that for considerably less than a replacement. Thanks!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

I will need your exact model number to make sure the right part number is ***** open the oven door and look for a tag that has the model number and the serial number on it. The number you listed is just a general label number there could be 20 models with that same label and all have different control boards or panels. So will need the model number of that unit to locate the part if its even possible.