John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

We have a new Bosch oven and we cant seem to open the door

Customer Question

Hi, we have a new Bosch oven and we cant seem to open the door to get the instructions out. We rang the sales guy, and bosch support and apparently there is no trick, it should just open. So our supplier replaced it,, thinking it was faulty, but the new one is doing the same thing. The delivery driver wondered if it may have an electronic lock, and therefore wont open until it is wired in. This sounds a bit odd, since I need to get to the installation specs (which are inside the oven) BEFORE I can have it installed.
Model number is *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Are you sure you have pulled hard enough on the door to open it and are you sure there is no packing tape or anything stopping it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We removed the blue tape that covered the side of the door.I pulled it, my husband pulled it, and two delivery drivers pulled it. The top corner moves a little, the bottom one does not move at all. (It's a side opening model)
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Was that it? Was that the technical advice I paid for?
As requested I was patient for your reply to take a bit longer, but I am not sure it should take 7 hours. To ask, did you pull hard enough is hardly TECHNICAL advice.I'll be cancelling my PayPal payment.