John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a drop in GE electric range, I have been unable to

Customer Question

We have a drop in GE electric range, I have been unable to find the model number in the usual places. It is about 10/12 years old. It has normal and convection cooking and a glass top. It is a profile model in stainless steel. The problem all the heating elements on the top are on max regardless of what you set. It burns everything. I'm handy and would like to know what part is needed. Thank you. Ed Preusser
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Can you check the model number off the tag on the frame. Just open the door and check it. If you have coil burners the top should lift up and the model number should be there let me know what you find.