Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I 't know what year this Kenmore dishwasher is it just

Customer Question

I don't know what year this Kenmore dishwasher is it just stopped workin and I don't know where to look for a reset button to restart it or what to do to restart it please help!! it's solid black the buttons on the front
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the model number is:36315319100 hope this will help
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes hope
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes hopfully
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If you have not provided the model number of the unit you are needing help with please go ahead and supply that information to me now so that I can give you model specific information on that unit, if you have already provided the model number please give me a few minutes to prepare your answer as I may need to look up part numbers, schematics, etc; depending on your question.

Thank you for your patience.

ok so on that model its fairly old and there is not fuse or reset switch at all, the only thing you can do is kill power at the breaker for a few minutes restore power and see if the unit resets if not and its getting proper voltage from your home wiring that is connected to it then the switch control has failed. The problem with that is since the unit is older they no longer make replacement parts for it so you cant order new parts for that unit, not the control parts anyhow.

The part number you would need is WD21X10115 and everywhere I looked its no longer available.

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?