Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My model # is GSD3360D35SS. "My bright" brother-in-Law

Customer Question

My model # ***** ***** "My bright" brother-in-Law washed out his paint brushes in the kitchen sink and now my dishwasher won't drain, I took the screen and pump assembly out and cleaned them but realy didn't see and clogging, but there was a red/orange ball that came out when I pulled the assembly unit. I want to put everything back together but now I don't know where this ball goes, is it a part of the dishwasher par ts? Need help!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

See the attached page.

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

As for the lack of drainage, is the drain hose connection clear, especially if it is connected to a garbage disposal?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I already paid the $28.00 so I prefer to type if that's ok. I did check the drain hose to the disposal and it's clear.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What about the plastic ball, where does that go?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Did you not see the picture I attached?

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

See above....

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I see the picture now, what else could it be that I can check on/for?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Well, I would remove the drain hose and see if it will drain into a bucket. Washing paint brushes would not plug the dishwasher unless the drain hose drops immediately down from the disposal. The disposal was not replaced recently, was it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Both the disposal and dishwasher were installed at the same time. I will try the bucket drain. I have to go over to the property and give it a try, can I check back with you in about a hour to let you know the results?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Of course, thank you!