Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

It appears pf on the screen of my whirpool oven and it's not

Customer Question

It appears pf on the screen of my whirpool oven and it's not heating
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Thank you Pearl
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: He bought it new 8 years ago it's the super capacity 465....... No, i would like a tecn to check it out I'm on south padre island
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: And also de oven is not heating but in the screen it appears ok
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The PF error means that for some reason the control board is loosing power at some point (Power Failure) it could be a wiring issue with the wall plug or you could have had a power surge or the board could be going out etc;. Try killing power to the unit at the breaker for a few minutes and restore power and see if the board resets. If after that you still get the error then there is component issue somewhere and the tech have come out will figure out what the issue is.

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?