Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Intermittent e 01, f 08 error codes duet washer, Whirlpool

Customer Question

Intermittent e 01, f 08 error codes duet washer
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool duet front loader approx 6-7 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: LOL
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'd love to know what the problem is. If it is something I saw before where i need to push a series of buttons, I'll do that but if it is installing parts, no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag is around the opening where the clothes are loaded.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is running now. If it doesn't stop again it has 45 min to go.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

That error means that the water is entering the machine too slow, or the pressure switch thinks it is (see the attached page). Usually, this is caused by a plugged screen, especially in the cold water valve. Are you able to remove the hoses to inspect the screens in the water valves?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When the cycle is complete I will check the screen in the water hose.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Sure, thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nope, thank you. I'll let you know. I also read that if the drain hose is too far down the drain it can cause the same problem.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Only if it is siphoning out. Let me know what you find with the screens.