Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Kirkland washer wont drain or spin, unless you t the lid,

Customer Question

my Kirkland washer wont drain or spin, unless you hit the lid, but sometimes, if you hit it, it will only drain some, but stop. We need to figure out what part to buy to fix this.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: SM(###) ###-####
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Kirkland Signature Washing Machine, we purchased it in Feb or March of 2003. Top Loading.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Possibly, if it's fairly simple.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

You will need to replace the lid switch assembly.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?