John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a dacor ERD36SCP dual fuel range. The oven preheats

Customer Question

I have a dacor ERD36SCP dual fuel range. The oven preheats and then shuts off when it reaches the set temperature. I have replaced the main control board and the oven high limit switch and it still has the same problem
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a 2004 Dacor dual fuel model ERD36SCP which is natural gas with electric oven
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I had a repairman do the control board and I did the HTC switch. The repairman retired and we live on an island where it is very expensive to have someone come over
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The element comes on during preheat and then when it hits the temp the element doess not come back on to keep the temp constant
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

The oven temperature sensor needs to be replaced. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $32.50. You can buy it at www.repairclinic.com. A replacement video is available at the website.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.