Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Frigidaire freezer model MFU17M3GW1 Freezer has been

Customer Question

Frigidaire freezer model MFU17M3GW1
Freezer has been unplugged for 6 months. Reason being the interior temperatur rose. I assumed the door was not completely closed was reason the rise in temperature.
I restarted it and everything seemed fine. It lowered the temp to about -20 degrees for 2 days with thermostat on #5. Then the temp rose to about +40 degrees. I tried this procedure twice with the same results.
Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Bill
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If it gets cold and runs okay for a couple days then warms, the temperature control, number 21 in the diagram at the link below, is faulty.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!