John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

GD5SHAXLT02 ice maker does not make ice. Open the Freezer

Customer Question

GD5SHAXLT02 ice maker does not make ice. Open the Freezer door and the red light on the right blinks. holding the flapper on the left closed, the red light holds solid. Blocking the beam, the red light should change to green but it does not. What could be wrong?
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: gd5shaxlt02 and the freezer setting is in the normal position.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I do not know of anything else.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The light does not turn green when the beam is blocked, it will flash red. So, the optics are working. Can you refer to the attached picture and let me know what you see, please?