Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Lid lock on washer won't release, It's a whirl, It's a

Customer Question

Lid lock on washer won't release
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a whirl
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It's a whirlpool cabrio platinum and it's about 2 or 3 years old. Model number is ***** lid. Can't see it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem. I will need your model# ***** what you have already done to try and solve problem. Also at end of my service i will need you to rate my service as this is how i get paid

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If the cycle finishes but the lid does not unlock, the lid lock is likely faulty. The video at the link below will show how to access the model tag with the lid locked.