Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have an old GE Profile side by side frig and my door is

Customer Question

I have an old GE Profile side by side frig and my door is suddenly not sealing. I've checked to make sure nothing is jutting out to prevent its closing, but it seems to have more to do with either the seal itself or some mechanism at the bottom. Can you help? Thank you, Joanne
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

There is a plastic door cam on the bottom of the door that mates with a cam on the hinge. I suspect they may be worn. Can you inspect and see if they are intact?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?