John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

Refrigerator WRB329DFBW00 Serial K50914842 Installed just

Customer Question

Refrigerator WRB329DFBW00 Serial K50914842
Installed just over 1 year ago. Working fine until recently found icecream fluid, later it froze. Yesterday this happened again.Turned freezer temp. to # ***** and thermometer in freezer reads -15F today. What is causing temperature cycling?
Herb Staneland ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Inspect the condenser coil radiator for a layer of dust and lint blocking the air flow through it. Vacuum it with a ShopVac, and give the fridge a couple of hours to cool back down. If the radiator is clean, inspect the evaporator coil at the rear of the freezer section for a buildup of ice. Melt any ice you find with a hair dryer or heat gun. If the problem persists, replace the refrigerator heat sensor. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $50.45. You can buy it at A replacement video is available at the website.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm 90, your reply sounds like I need to crawl into the refrigerator! I would expect the Whirlpool to last longer than 13 months before a problem!!,I 'll need to call a refrigerator technician to do the work, I might as well done that and save $38 !!