John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The fridge and freezer are not cooling down. the display

Customer Question

the fridge and freezer are not cooling down. the display doesn't have an error code . the light for warm temp is on red. the condenser fan is constant and i have blown out the coils under the fridge out. there is a relay clicking almost too infrequently down by the compressor
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you today - if you touch the compressor it it hot, cold or just warm?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it is not hot at all. it is a sealed system as far as i can see
it might be easier for us both to do this over the phone.. that may not be protocol
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

How long has it been since you restarted the unit?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is it 24 mor over the 28
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the unit had been off for a couple days.. blew it out this afternoon .. got a small dust bunny out of it took two hands to cleanly scoop it up and despose checked all the conections , no loose wires or any snakes jumping out as fowel
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

OK if you are getting a clicking down near the compressor it means that the compressor has overheated or seized. If I were you I would leave it for about four hours and then see if it will restart - come back to me when you get a result - Ian