Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Gallery dishwasher model FDB949GFT2. Was away days and had

Customer Question

Gallery dishwasher model FDB949GFT2. Was away for 10 days and had ran the DW. Tried to use but didn't work. Panel lite up it didn't wash.. The delay hour counted down. Noticed water in bottom. Took off panel and noticed that the door lock TOP LEFT wire led was burned and had melted. Also the left top (white plastic) male led part of door lock was melted.
This is the 2nd door lock since the original wouldn't lock and was replace 10 yrs ago. WHAT CAUSED IT ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Most burnt wire issues are caused by poor connections. Was the wiring replaced during the first door lock replacement?