Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

We have a brand new Kitchenaid fridge/freezer

Customer Question

We have a brand new Kitchenaid fridge/freezer model#KRFC302SEE.
The freezer door opens on an angle. We had a service man look at the situation, he claims they are supposed to be this way. I can't believe Kitchenaid manufactures these freezers this way, can you please explain and let us know how we can proceed to have this rectified, thanks...Jordy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The front of the refrigerator cabinet should be slightly higher to help the door closure and prevent the doors from hanging open. Is this what you are seeing? Or is the gap between the door edge and cabinet different at the top and bottom when the door is opened?