Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a two year old Whirlpool (Gold Series?) refrigerator.

Customer Question

I have a two year old Whirlpool (Gold Series?) refrigerator. Ice machine has died. What are my options?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That is extremely common, the only option is to buy a new icemaker and most of those are pretty cheap honestly, generally $50 or less most places. I would just buy another one and install it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Really. Buy a new ice maker (for a two year old fridge) and install it. That's the best you can do?

I am not sure what you are looking for the icemakers are cheap and fail often so yes that is the best I can do is tell you the truth.

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

You may have an issue with a wiring connection or the optics, depending on the model of refrigerator and the style of ice maker you have.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?