Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

MY GE REFRIGERATOR STOPPED MAKING ICE

Customer Question

MY GE REFRIGERATOR STOPPED MAKING ICE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
GSH22JGDD BB
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Is the ice that has not dumped in the ice maker now or is it dry?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
DRY
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Is there a light on the ice maker glowing green?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
IM GOING TO TRY CORRESPONDING THIS WAY FOR NOW. THANKS
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Sure, thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
LET ME CHECK.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE FRONT OF THE REFRIFERATOR?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
IF SO YES.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
IT LOOKS LIKE A FEW CUBES JUST DUMPED. MAYBE WHEN I RESTARTED THE ICEMAKER IT RESET?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

No, on the ice maker. Does it have a small green light by the ON/OFF switch? It may have been stuck in a harvest or it may be intermittently faulty. If it doe snot stay running, it will likely need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I DON'T SEE A GREEN LIGHT.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
HELLO? YOU STILL THERE?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Sorry, it is very busy

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Some have the lights, some don't. However, if it kicked out ice, it has power. So, if it fails again, it will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I DON'T THINK MINE HAS A LIGHT. WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND AT THIS POINT? I GUESS IM GOING TO CALL A REPAIRMAN AND GET THEM TO LOOK AT IT.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

If it kicked out ice, it may have just been stuck on a cube. I would watch it over night and replace the ice maker if it stalls again. It is only two screws and a plug in to replace it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK. LET ME TRY THAT.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Sounds good, thank you!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.