John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I did everything described in this conversation but cannot

Customer Question

I did everything described in this conversation but cannot get washer to run w new door switch... I've wired it as stated but it won't run...old style switch still works if there is a little pressure on the door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the model and the part you installed?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Frigidaire gallery front load washer, mod #fwt449gfs1... I tried to install door lock and switch assembly oem###-##-####
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Original part oem###-##-####no longer made. Different electrical connectors.... I saw online what dtech80 had someone else do 3 yrs ago but it didn't work for me...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here are 2 images I used to wire the switch
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Still there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dtech80's q&a re this was dated 9Dec2012 if that helps

Yes I am still here just checking a couple things give me a little more time to track down the wiring. Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Frigidaire Front Load Washer New Door Lock Wiring Instructions With the wax motor, (reddish colored device), to the top. Starting top-to-bottom. The two wires that go on the wax motor will be the red, and white on the other side (which side doesn't matter). Now, the next two terminals down are open, (not used). The next one down is black, (third away from the wax motor). The bottom of the four grouped together will be white. The top of the last two will be blue with a white stripe. The bottom one will be black with a red trace.

Did you try that?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but it did not work. That's the layout in the pic I sent w the checkerboard background. I can put the old switch back in and get the machine to run by putting pressure on the door (it seems the old switch has worn plastic parts), but when I put the new switch in (using the new style striker) I get nothing... No noise, no electric hum, nothing...

You may have a bad new switch, that is the way it should be wired.