Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a 48inch side by side GE Monogram ZISS480DXASS, the

Customer Question

I have a 48inch side by side GE Monogram ZISS480DXASS, the compressor is not coming on, I have power to the inverter thats mounted with the compressor, the fan comes on when I adjust the temp up or down, I cannot get the the compressor leads to make sure that its has power.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 8 years old I bought it new
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The main control board seems to be sending the correct signal to the inverter, the invertor has 120 volts, I cannot test the leads to the compressor, no access, maybe I'll unscrew the invertor.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the inverter has no output to the compressor, I'm going to order a new inverter.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The attached pages show how to test the compressor/inverter circuit. The inverter may have 120 VAC but not receiving the DC signal from the main control.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm all set for now, close the question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't accept the charge, I want to wait and see after I swap out the inverter.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Did you perform the testing in the pages I sent you to test the inverter???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not review your answer, I tested it on my own, then I checked online and saw a charge on my credit card.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You tested it for 120 VAC only, but that is always there from the line source. Did you test the 5VDC control voltage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,
Now I'm ready, I swapped out the inverter, the compressor came on, it got very hot, the freezer started to get cold, nothing got cold in the refrigerator, no temperature change in the readings inside the door, I shut it down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok