Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a whirlpool ultimate care ii washer. Two issues: when

Customer Question

Hi, I have a whirlpool ultimate care ii washer. Two issues: when filling, the water just runs right out the drain. Second, when it has filled, the water won't drain. Same problem? Drain valve not working?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Not sure how old, I'll look for a serial number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can, yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: model number is: LSQ7533JQ0
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

So the pump is running the entire time the washer is filling up?

If the washer is just draining out as its filling then your drain is vapor locked. pull the drain hose out of the drain on your home put it back in the drain and wedge something between the drain house and the drain on your home so that there is a small air gap where the drain can breathe and the problem should be resolved.

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The pump wasn't running, the water was just running out. I had the machine outside, with the hose on the ground. The tank wouldn't fill.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'll give that a try

oh ya you cant lay the hose on the ground the drain hose must be at a certain height otherwise the water will just drain out due to gravity.

so what was the original problem you took the washer out of the house for?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Originally, the problem was that it wasn't draining properly during the spin cycle. Clothes were still wet. Bought it used for a rental property, have only sed it once or twice.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I had it outside, trying to fix it, thought maybe one of the hoses was plugged or something, but everything is free and clear. I took the pump out, it spins properly, doesn't seem to leak....

well its may be washing but its stopping at that point and not draining or spinning, the lid switch is most likely bad, bypass the lid switch and see if runs if so the switch will need to be replaced or you can just bypass it altogether, here is a video that shows how: click here

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will give that a try. So far it seems to work, but I haven't run a full load yet.

well if its filling up washing and spinning now then that was the issue so it should be fine now. You can leave the switch bypassed if you like the only thing it will do is during the cycle if you raise the lid on the washer it will not stop spinning if its in spin, you would have to turn the cycle off at the timer to stop it. If you need the part number for the lid switch let me know and I will be glad to find it for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Awesome, thank you :)

you are welcome please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.