Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a Samsung front load washer. It was working fine and

Customer Question

Hi, we have a Samsung front load washer. It was working fine and one day got the ND (no drain) code about half way through. We checked the hoses for blockage and replaced the pump. Still got the ND code. Replaced the control board. Still ND code. Now it won't even fill with water anymore. It looks like everything is fine, the control panel lights up and starts, you can hear clicking and buzzing but no water goes in now.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The model is WF350ANWXAA; not sure how old. We bought it used.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The water in the tub is monitored by the pressure switch shown at the link below. It is what triggers that error code. That switch is mounted at the top of the machine once the top is removed and will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it and find it is clear, that switch will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, So we plugged the washer back in and hit start to see what might happen. It started this time, filled with water and went about 1/2 way through the cycle and stopped and got the ND code. Do you still think this is it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Is it draining out okay? If so, did you blow through that hose? That small hose gets plugged and can take a while to allow the air pressure to change as the water drains.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, so it seems to go about 1/2 way on the cycle and then stops with the ND code. The water is draining out at first though and it doesn't look like much water left in the washer. We pulled the tube off of the pressure switch and blew into the hose. It seemed like there might have been a little restriction but blowing a second time it was clear. There is water in the drain tube going into the wall tube drain. The drain tube is like an "S", goes from the bottom of the washer to the top of the washer, back down in a "U" and to the wall drain. We have snaked the wall drain also and it seems clear.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

When it drains, is the water coming out with force? Also, is the pump noisy, vibrating or rattling?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the water rushes out. The pump sounds fine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Sounds like the pressure switch will need to be replaced then.