John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have the above mentioned Maytag Neptune stacked W/D model

Customer Question

I have the above mentioned Maytag Neptune stacked W/D model # ***** The problem is that it is stops 4 or 5 times a load. It starts right up when you hit the start button and goes along for part of the cycle and quits again. It always seems to stop in the same places. It almost always seems to begin agitating when it starts back up. I think, but I am not sure, that the spin cycle is shorter. When it was new it would press the towels into a stiff mass on Max Extract, but not often these days.
What its not:
1) The wax motor is good as well as the switch. The "Door Locked" light stay illuminated for several minutes after it stops. I replaced a bad wax motor last year.
2) No sign of a bad control board. No "pregnant" resistors, or burned traces or signs of heat or trauma anywhere on the board.
I know it could be the motor or the inlet valve, but everything that I have checked has been w/in spec. I would really like to get this thing fixed w/o just changing expensive parts until it works again.
Any help would be appreciated.
Jason
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Are there error displays? Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is awfully confusing. I am getting multiple contradictory screens.
Again: no error displays on this vintage of Neptune.
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

I see that your washer has a mechanical timer and a motor control board. From the description you sent, I think the timer is having internal switching problems. Its part number is ***** and its price is $104.54. You can buy it at www.repairclinic.com.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.