Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Whirlpool LGQ8000JQF. I followed all of the steps from your

Customer Question

Hi John, Whirlpool LGQ8000JQF. I followed all of the steps from your previous video and replaced the W10480709 Thermal Cut Off Kit (No Joy) and then taped the 2 terminals for the thermal fuse together to test (still No Joy). Any other ideas? Dryer was heating intermittently prior to attempts, now, no heat.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Do you have a meter to test voltage with?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
have already checked voltage at thermal fuse.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Can you measure voltage at the igniter to see if it is getting powered when the machine is set to run? The door switch will need to be bypassed and the drum removed to check that.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Seems like more work than I'm prepared to do at this time. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The igniter is inside. I suspect that is what the problem is if it doe snot heat at all.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do NOT expect to have to pay for this episode, particularly after the problems that I had just navigating the site/system.
Nothing negative on Kelly, this is just a bigger job than I'm prepared to undertake.