Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an LG front loader and when I turn it on it

Customer Question

I have an LG front loader and when I turn it on it continously has a loud tone unless I turn the setting knob.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

1. Is the tone coming from the control panel?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the tone is from control panel. If i turn it on and immediately turn the settings knob it won't do it but then it won't turn on. DLEX3360W
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Does it make any attempt to start, like humming or buzzing? Can you manually turn the drum?

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Also, is the tone what you usually hear at the end of a cycle?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no. i was having problems with it a few weeks back and realized the start/pause button was broken so I took the button off and we turn it on ourselves. I guess the tone sounds like the end of a cycle except it won't stop unless I turn it off.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Can you manually turn the drum?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Okay, it sounds like the motor's centrifugal switch is stuck. I believe the motor is going to need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

There is a video at that link that shows how to replace it, too!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You know it's more like beep, beep, beep sound than a continous tone and why would it not do that if I immediately turn the knob?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

You stated it was a continuous tone. If it is not then the control has issues.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sorry I just listened to it again. I took the control board off and everything looks fine
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

The control most often times will not show any issues by looking but it is really the only thing that will cause a pulsing tone. Everything else is just a load and would not cause the control to do that.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I ordered this part like a year ago.They must go out a lot.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can you tell me where to order that? I don't remember where I ordered it before
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

CLICK HERE