Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

The check lint filter light comes on when dryer power button

Customer Question

The check lint filter light comes on when dryer power button is pushed. The lint filter and exhaust tube is clean from the machine to the outside. (Cleaned by Sears tech yesterday). If I hold the start button down for a second the machine starts working. I'm concerned that the automatic lint filter light circuit may be faulty. What should I do???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Can you give me the model and what has been done to the dryer itself.

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The filter light is actuated by the exhaust thermistor. So, that part may be faulty or the main electronic control may be having issues.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?