Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

36" induction cooktop burner light just flashes and won't

Customer Question

36" induction cooktop burner light just flashes and won't turn on (with pan that has always worked before)
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Turn the power off at the breaker for at least 15 minutes to reset the electronics. Any change when powered back up?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't have the model number
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Okay, let's see what happens after the breaker is cycled for 15 minutes, please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just turned the breaker back on after 20mins... still flashes.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.
  1. What is flashing on the display?
  2. Does it only flash when the burner is turned on?
  3. Is it affecting all of the burners?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The temperature range flashes (the 1/2 circle with the red lights) when turned on....and yes all burners do this.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hmm, are you touching the + or - button after you turn the element on with an appropriate pan?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Does the burner just shut off in about 30 seconds once you attempt to turn it on?