John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Whirlpool duet front loader w/steam Controls ineffective

Customer Question

whirlpool duet front loader w/steamControls ineffectivewasher is frozen in pump out mode, pump out runs endlessly and front door lockedUnplug electric and plug back in, washer does same
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The pressure switch is signaling the control that there is water in the tub that should not be there. Does it have a separate panel in the front, under the door? Or, is the front panel all one piece?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
all one place
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Okay, if you remove the top panel (screws along the back), you can reach down to the bottom of the door lock to use the manual release. That will get access to the model tag and to check if there is water in the tub.