John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

We own a 4 year old GE refrigerator, model # CFCP1NIZC SS,

Customer Question

We own a 4 year old GE refrigerator, model # ***** SS, serial #3317412. It has an internal water dispenser that yesterday for the first time fails to work. I tried holding the button for 2 minutes to let air bubbles out as instructed in the manual and that didn't work. Any further instructions to fix it before calling a repairman? My email is***@******.*** and my phone # *****(###) ###-#### Thank you in advance for your support.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

When you depress the dispense button, can you hear the water inlet valve humming or buzzing if you place your ear on the cabinet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Can you hear the little switch clicking behind the dispenser lever?

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Noticed any food freezing in the refrigerator?