John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My maytag refrigerator in the bottom freezer has frothy ice

Customer Question

my maytag refrigerator in the bottom freezer has frothy ice forming.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

1. How are the door seals, especially the freezer seal?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
door seals seem okay. 12687701 is written on a seal in back of refrig. Ice maker leaked causing damage to ceiling below so disconnected ice maker.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Is the frost concentrated in one area or all over? Does the light shut off when you close the door?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the frost is only around the ice maker which I am told is turned off. the ice maker leaked and caused damage to the floor below. There is a light in the refrig but I do not see a light in the freezer part.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Ah, that sounds like the ice maker is still hooked up, just no water. If you CAREFULLY feel the bottom of the ice maker, it is warm?