Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Our Emerson IM93B unit displays the "ice full" when there is

Customer Question

Our Emerson IM93B unit displays the "ice full" when there is no ice. When you start it, it tries to cycle but gets the full message which causes it to shut down. It has been thoroughly cleaned and restarted but no dice! Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

There is a sensor at the top of the bin that monitors the temperature. When the ice reaches that sensor, the temperature, of course, drops and signals the control that the bin is full. So, either that sensor is faulty or the control id bad. In any case, there are no service parts for this unit. They are basically sold as a disposable product. A new one is available at the link below.