Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Magic chef built-in beverage center MCBC58DST. Why does the

Customer Question

Magic chef built-in beverage center MCBC58DST. Why does the temperature indicator start blinking with initials EFF? I have to flip the breaker to get it back to cooling.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Unfortunately the EFF error means that the system is not cooling properly due to a failed compressor or a sealed system leak (freon leak). Those units are notorious for failing within a year or two so if it has lasted longer than that you did better than most. In order to repair the unit you will need call a certified company that is licensed by your state to work on sealed systems and handle freon, in most cases it is going to be cheaper for you to just replace the unit than have it repaired, sorry for the bad news but that is the issue.

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?