George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs

I have a Rinnai 2001 space heater and a guest at the home

Customer Question

I have a Rinnai 2001 space heater and a guest at the home turned it off instead of stanby. How do I restart it. I turn knob to restart & depress it, nothing happens
Category: Appliance
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 4 months ago.

Hello Chris, my name is George,

To relight the appliance, turn the knob to the Ignition sigh, Press Down the knob for 10 - 15 seconds.. this will light the pilot and when you release the knob the pilot should stay lit.. Once you have done this, turn the knob anti-clockwise to the desired setting to light the main burner.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello George, I have tried that several times and again after your message and I don't think pilot light igniting because I can't turn knob any further

As you have the knob aligned to the Spark symbol, push it down and hold it down.. Can you hear the ignition sparking?

You'll need to hold it down for atleast 10 seconds, if not 15 or 20 for the pilot to stay lit.

Also, you will need to wait 2mins between each attempt to light it.

There is a safety that will stop attempts to relight it too often

Ok Chris?

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.