Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Unable to open door, today, yes, there is a plastic trash

Customer Question

unable to open door
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: there is a plastic trash can in the compactor
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the make and complete model?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Whirlpool "Sound Conditioned". Don't know model. Can't open to see inside. I think it is old. It is in the condo I just moved into. The lady that had it did not use it and put a plastic trash can inside. I didn't know the can was not part of the unit and operated it. I think the ram moved down and stuck inside the can and went back up. The can is too high and blocks it from opening.

You would have to remove the top of the unit then try and push the can down with a couple long bars to get it back open.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is installed under a counter. Can't get to screws that hold it in place. Is there any way to remove the front door?

Do you know the model number?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No model number on outside, only Whirlpool Sound Conditioned. Front panel has a off, on and start button. Inside there is a red knob. 12 o'clock position is ON, 9 o'clock position is OFF/LOCK.